- Age: 23
- Registered name: “Supah Doug” Stable name “Doug”
- Breed: Thoroughbred Color: Grey
- Height/weight: 16.1h 1300lbs
- Medical Issues: Right hind stifle injury several years ago. Not sound for riding. Blind in right eye.
- 24 hour turnout with a buddy preferred.
- Non riding home.
- Free choice, good quality hay.High fat, low starch feed to maintain weight.
- Routine Vet, Dental and Farrier care.
- Tons of love.
Doug came to Sumner Brook Farm in August of 2020. He was surrendered due to neglect and was dangerously thin when local Animal Control was contacted. As he is a senior who is suitable only as a companion, they reached out to us so that our rescue could continue his rehabilitation and evaluate him for adoption.
Doug would make a super companion for a gelding or mare, he tends to be the low man in the herd, but just wants to be everyone’s friend. He thrives with human connection and has a lovable personality.
Doug is a big boy and can be a little pushy when leading. With consistent handling he is a perfect gentleman, standing on cross ties forever to be groomed, great for the vet and farrier, blanket changes, fly spraying, etc. He is barefoot and does not require any medication or special care, other than soaked grain, which we provide for all our horses. His blind eye needs to be monitored for changes at his annual vet exams, and we use UV blocking fly masks to protect his eye.
If you would like to adopt Doug and take him home, we require a barn visit and reference checks, as well as monthly check-ins for the first year.
Doug is also available for ON FARM adoption for a monthly, tax deductible donation of $300.00 He can stay here at the farm with all the care our rescue provides, and be your horse too!
For information and a phone interview, please contact email@example.com
Leave a Reply